Hello everyone. Hope you’re all enjoying these amazing summer days. I know I am for sure. 🙂 Lately a lot of people have been asking me about snacks that are fulfilling yet healthy. These are the snacks that might be consumed between meals, during work hours, while running around, and at times of boredom. LOL. Of course, I highly discourage people
from eating while bored but I have put together a list of snacks you can rely on that are healthy and help give energy. Having nutrient-rich snacks that are low in sugar/saturated fat will help ensure you get an energy boost to carry along your day.
Now of course I am not a nutritionist, but through my own studies I have found some snacks that do wonders for my appetite when I am craving munchies, yet their healthy enough to keep my waistline nice and slim. Let’s face it now, healthy food isn’t always appetizing and we don’t look forward to consuming them, but I have carefully chosen a variety of healthy snacks that you’ll find pretty Yummy. Next time you’re at the grocery store, quickly grab some of the following snacks for your fridge and then pack a portion
of your favs (ahead of time) to grab them as you go. That way when your cravings hit, you can just turn to these goodies instead of junk.
Healthy Snacks That Energize You
- 1Banana/1Grapefruit (Best for breakfast hours)
- Mixed Cereal (one cup)
- Berries (any type)
- Cantaloupe/Watermelon (2-3 cups of cuts)
- Apple Slices dipped in a tablespoon of Almond-butter
- 1 Whole-wheat English muffin with Peanut-butter
- Tall Skinny Late or Iced Coffee w/Almond Milk (when visiting Starbucks)
- Low-Fat Greek Yogurt with Blueberries, Honey, or Walnuts
- 2 Egg Whites with 1 Slice Whole-Wheat-Toast
- 2 Boiled Hard Eggs – add freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced Cucumbers with 2 wedges of Cheese (Laughing Cow)
- Baby Carrots with Hummus (5-10 baby carrots/2 tbsp. hummus)
- Slice 1Avocado, 1Tomato, & Feta Cheese (squeeze lemon, pepper, & salt)
I literally just made the last option (without the feta cheese) in the middle of my blog as I craved a snack.
Remember! Snacks rev up your metabolism and boost your energy, so it’s good to squeeze in a few healthy choices within your day. What’s important to remember though is not going overboard with the portions of these snacks. You want to feed your cravings, and get energy… so sticking to appropriate portions will ensure your tummy stays flat and pretty. Hope you enjoy some of these healthy snacking options and Happy Appetite!